Are you looking to develop your leadership and management skills? Interact with other experienced Latinos and general community leaders?
The mission of the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber is to work with all members of the community to support the economic advancement of Latinos in Oregon and S.W. Washington. Each year, a class of approximately 20 individuals, participates in a 12 month Hispanic Chamber Latino Leadership Class.
The program enhances the leadership and management skills of Latino leaders to position them to continue their advancement in their employment while also promoting community leadership through volunteerism on public boards and commissions.
- Identify Latino leaders in the public and private sector
- Develop their leadership and management skills
- Create opportunities for Latino leaders to interact with other experienced Latinos and general community leaders in the public and private sector
- Create a network of resources for Latino leaders
- Develop a pool of Latino candidates from the public and private sector for effective leadership and service on public and private policy-making bodies.
Latino Leadership Class Topics Include:
- Leadership through Emotional Intelligence
- Presentation Skills
- Leadership Practices
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership in Government and Public Policy
- Project Implementation
- Leadership through Communication
- Working with the media
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Developing an Effective Leadership Team